When such essentials are created by designers with inimitable innovation, the result gives birth to a fresh take on a classic. Here, RUNWAY gives you the dish on the top 10 style rules all the “It” girls of summer should follow.
1. Own at least one seersucker blouse, dress, pant, or shorts. Outside of linen, seersucker is one of the most airy fabrics you can have. When the heat and humidity rises, the need for lightweight fabric becomes as necessary as a dehydrated person’s hunt for water. Besides, seersucker’s wrinkled appearance doesn’t require heavy duty pressing. The Rag & Bone Spring-Summer 2013 Collection presented seersucker-on-seersucker get-ups that look both effortless and chic.
2. Do play with at least one trend. This summer’s hottest trend is all about bralettes. Inspiration taken from the boudoir has hit the fashion world again. Bralettes ranging from over-the-top embellishments to basic black have been paired with shorts, high waisted pants, pencil skirts, and flowy maxi skirts. For those who feel a little less Rihanna and more conservative, throw on a fitted blazer for a less edgy look.
3. Polka dots are always spot-on. The classic dots don’t necessarily have to be on print only. We particularly love Proenza Schouler’s whimsical take on the circular trend: polka dot print and grommets.
4. Embrace your own body type! Own a garment with cut out detail. This look isn’t for the fashion faint of heart. Curvy girls look most flattering in tunics that have cut outs along the decolletage or upper back. Bold cut outs along the waist are especially sexy on those with a petite frame. Cut out details on thick wood bangles, footwear, and handbags are also “do’s,” you can steal straight from the runway.
5. Well-tailored, vintage inspired frocks NEVER go out of style. A 1940’s style garden party dress is a wardrobe necessity. It’s also a great summer-to-fall style that can be warmed up with a pair of tights, a grandpa cardigan, and a scarf. Update the look with a pair of studded heels or a geometric necklace. …
Want more? Read the rest of the article in the SUMMER 2013 issue of RUNWAY, in-stores & on newsstands now WORLDWIDE!
Apple Store: http://bit.ly/14CVj3t
Google Play: http://bit.ly/14CV0Wc
RUNWAY Store: http://on.fb.me/15akyI4