If the name doesn’t sound familiar, the famous faces of which this amazingly talented makeup artist has worked on certainly will. From the red carpet to the runway, movies to magazine covers, Pati Dubroff has a real passion, dedication, and talent when it comes to highlighting a woman’s inner beauty from the inside out. Her passion, talent, and unique approach to showcasing each individual woman’s natural beauty, is nothing less than inspirational in today’s fast paced beauty world. Dubroff creates a beautiful, feminine, natural look time and time again and the stars can’t enough of her artistic and intimate approach.
Her clientele includes a number of A-list celebrities such as; Natalie Portman, Kirstin Dunst, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Bosworth, Gisele Bundchen, Jessica Biel and many, many more. Most of us could only dream of being lucky enough to have Pati Dubroff grace our face with her artistic hand. Dubroff has what some would call a signature look which she calls “refined healthy”. She also shares a personal philosophy for beauty with her clients, which is simply; “Health, peacefulness, well-being, and respect for all is what gives someone true beauty”. Dubroff is always aiming to create a radiant, glowing, “lit from within” skin to be the focus, and then builds on that foundation. Here are a few of Pati Dubroff’s tips, tricks, and how-to’s to get that fresh, radiant, beautiful glow.
– Great makeup starts with great skin. Eat well, and take care of yourself.
– Whenever possible, Dubroff uses a tinted moisturizer to even out skin tone and add a glow. (Try using NARS pure radiant tinted moisturizer) which is a favorite of hers, but any tinted moisturizer could be used.
– Use a creamy concealer to even and smooth any spots or redness and only a light dusting of loose powder through the T-zones. Do not overdo it! Keep the skin looking like skin, but with a glow that is controlled.
– If your skin needs a little extra help when it comes to mattefying it, try using a matte primer to help control extra oil. (Dubroff likes Clarins Instant Smooth) to help create a solid base for your foundation and your concealer to hold on to.
– Invest in a set of good brushes. Many women do not know what a set of good makeup brushes can do. Not only does it help create an even, smooth base to work with, it is better for your skin too. With brushes, it is also much easier to build your coverage, and give you that even, porcelain look, without being too cakey or thick.
The intimacy of this job, and the closeness between the client and the artist, allows Dubroff to play off each individual woman’s inner beauty, emotions, vulnerabilities, and feelings. Alongside her amazing list of accomplishments and clientele, her work has graced the covers of magazines around the world, and as of 2013, she took it another step forward, as she went on to create her own makeup line exclusively available at Costco.
Pati Dubroff Beauty launched its first line of shadows, crayons, liners, and lip colors that she has designed specifically to bring out every woman’s natural beauty. With this wide array of options and beautiful colors, you can build easily. The shadows in her new collection, Perfect Palette, include 12 neutral shades that are heavily pigmented, so you can build your color. A liner pencil for the eyes is also included in the shadow palette. This palette contains some beautiful colors that can be layered to create any color or depth. For your lips, she created a set of lip crayons that have a creamy texture and a glowing shine Luster Lips includes a set of five lip crayons that range from tones that are more neutral to darker, bolder colors. These easy-to-use lip crayons can be used alone, or layered together to create a different look, and they feature a silky, lustrous texture. For a finish with real shine, Dubroff created a collection of innovative, liquid lip-glosses. Aqua Tint lip-gloss comes in four different shades; peony, rose, poppy, and violet. Aqua Tint glosses are non-sticky, remarkably lightweight, and sheer.
Pati Dubroff has had the opportunity to work with some of the most amazingly talented, beautiful women in Hollywood. When you’re in that setting of being face to face, sharing real moments before the big show or event, it isn’t just about the “celebrity”, it’s about real women, with real beauty, and real flaws, just like all of us. Dubroff makes it look easy to do, but really getting to know your clients is key to her work, and many would love the opportunity to adopt her approach.
A true role model with all of her accomplishments, she is still a down to earth, real, beautiful woman. She is also a mother, world traveler, and is always seeking her next project. We are eager to see the future photos of the stunning work she will create. Her creations are proof of a true, steady handed, artist at work.
For more information on Pati Dubroff visit www.patidubroff.com
Printed in the Fall 2014 Issue of Runway.